- Founded in 1881 by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael
- St. Leander School is an educational ministry of St. Leander Parish.
- Philosophy: St. Leander School graduates students who understand the teachings of the Catholic Church, respect all life, and are committed to serving others. We recognize parents as the primary educators of their children who support and cooperate with teachers to provide curricular instruction and opportunities for varied learning experiences. The school provides a safe and disciplined environment where students are expected to do their personal best as they strive toward academic excellence. Students learn to show respect for themselves and others by demonstrating an appreciation for the cultural, economic, and religious diversity of the community. In an atmosphere of respect and tolerance, students grow in appreciation of their God-given value and the dignity of each person.
- Student-Teacher ratio: Pre-Kindergarten: 12:1 Licensed by the State of California Facility # 010205790
- Average Student-Teacher ratio: 15:1 younger grades (K-2); 22:1 upper grades (3-8)
- Current Enrollment: 213
- Student Demographic Composition:
- Total Faculty: 20 including Classroom Assistants
- Faculty accreditation: 63% of our faculty is credentialed
- Faculty with 5+ years teaching: 81%
- Faculty with 10+ years teaching: 50%
- Faculty with 10+ years teaching at St. Leander: 19%
- Faculty who graduated from St. Leander School: 19%
- School Accreditation: Fully accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Technology: St. Leander has 22 computers and laptops and 29 iPads for student use
- Extended Care Program operates from 7:00 AM until school begins and after-school care is available until 6:00 PM. Registered families ($50.00 registration fee) pay $4.00 per hour and non-registered families pay $5.00 per hour.
- Lunch Program: Families may order lunch online through ChoiceLunch Program. Lunch is delivered daily for students in Grades K-8, excluding minimum days.